Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Schemin' and bike swapin'

Got some ideas kicking around for some fun re-occuring rides….not much planning to be done other than setting a time and place….but rides such as:

Singlespeed trail with pub stop ride…..say some JRPS action then Legends?
Night-ride fixie urban/fireroad/path rides (getting dark early now!)
Plus Crankee has been talking with JDG about some mountain gravel grinders….


Also….
Got some movement in the bike stable AGAIN! Yes, I have bike OCD! The Black Cat isn’t going anywhere, but the Fargo is sold and I got back my Redline d460 frame from Crankee, to be rebuilt into “THE mountain bike” with the Reba 100mm fork and some 1x9 gears….pulling triple duty as kid trailer towing and BOB trailer pulling for trail maintenance….

Plus I’ve never been settled with the road bike mostly due to the fact that riding on the roads around my “hood” are usually less-than ideal rides resulting in endless pucker moments with too-close passing by cars and pure ignorance and provoking by motorists. The roads are not friendly in most of Chesterfield county for road bikers and I’m getting tired of trying to deal with the masses of asses on the road while on bike. Thus I’ve been on the lookout for a more monster-cross type of frame to hang my parts on with the ability to run tires wider than 28c, and ability to run fixed/SS. We’ll see how the master plan works out…..but I hope to soon have built a gravel grinding fixed gear monster cross machine!

No comments: