Thursday, August 5, 2010

Walmart selling 29erers now!

ok...maybe old news if you follow the 29er forum on mtbr.....but anyway, I guess it was only a matter of time before the 29" wheel concept for "mountain bikes" made it's way to the bottom of the barrel bikes, as sold by retail giant of cheap undurable goods, WAlmart.
Mongoose Impasse

definition of "Impasse" from Wikcionary:
impasse (plural impasses)

-a road with no exit; a cul-de-sac
-a deadlock or stalemate situation in which no progress can be made  


hmmm.....

what Bike Snob thinks about the "fixed-speed" Mongoose

In reading the reviews on Walmart.com, you can really get an appreciation of the bike's quality...including this one:


5 out of 5 wailin, 05/07/2010 I must say i'm totally stoked by the way this bike handles the gnar. The wheels are the pest thing this side of western colorado and the paint is sprectrum like. It is so dialed, the build is great. The brakes work with one finger only. I'd definately recommend this bike, it shows well at the trailhead if you have matching kit. I wish I could provide a picture with me posing on it
Product Attributes:
Value 5 out of 5 Meets Expectations

No comments: