Monday, August 2, 2010

riding at Bent Creek (Pisgah)

Me and wifey took a long weekend getaway to Asheville, NC this past weekend and while she was at Biltmore, I went riding at Bent Creek.

Bent Creek recreation area is located within Pisgah National Forest, but only a short drive from where we were staying and visiting in Asheville.


















Trails were fast and flowing...

Since I’ve never ridden there, I didn’t know what to expect. I stopped at Pro Bikes in Asheville and picked up a Nat Geo map of Pisgah so I wouldn’t get completely lost….turns out the map wasn’t much help since the area was small enuf that the map didn’t give enuf detail. Instead I just kinda made up the route, and found some help along the way.

From the Hard Times trailhead, I did end up riding 479(#?), Boyd Branch, Ingles Field, Little Hickory Top, Sidehill, Lower sidehill…..but didn’t get over to Explorer trail which was next up until the rain started….

Not epic riding per se, but some fun stuff right in town.




dinner and beers with the wifey at Asheville Brewing Co....great pizza!








No comments: