Sunday, August 29, 2010

Reba RLT in hand...county fair and state parks....

....and it has these damn 74mm post mounts for the brakes...(insert Seinfeld voice) what's the deal with these anyway? ? ? ? ? ?
I like the IS mount better just cause you don't have to worry about stripping threads in the fork castings, but seems IS disc brake mounts are going away....?

Already de-stickered the fork...next, cutting the steerer tube.....




















BUSY weekend!!
on Saturday, me and Lydia went to the county fair....

yep...still just as I remembered....


hot!!
animals!


rides!

weirdos!

gut bustin' food!!!
























also, just got back from an overnighter camping stay at Chippokes State Park, near Surry, VA.

the banks of the James are lined with extinct scallop shells...so many it seems it's paved with shells...kinda neat....I was imagined myself riding a fat tire rig (like the new Salsa Mukluk) on the banks...didn't actually do any riding, but there are about 10 miles of "trail" that consist of doubletrack winding around cotton and soy-bean fields and running along the river, and a few paved sections...

nice small and quiet campground but didn't get much sleep since I had my little busy-body daughter sleeping next to me....me tired.

No comments: