Friday, April 9, 2010

Retro rebuild!













My old Schwinn High Plains is BACK! The Dirt-special-rattlecan paintjob (“charleston green”) looks pretty classy I think.

Frame is pre-Pacific era Schwinn, lugged True-Temper steel tubing.

Been collecting some parts for awhile to get this thing rolling.
Found some decent wheels at this year’s swap consisting of an XT rear hub and Gary Fisher front hub, all on seal bearings and spinning smooth, a few other odds and ends from the parts bin plus more including some nice LX brake levers that I nabbed back from Metro, ESI grips, new Easton riser bars, nice comfy white Vetta saddle, new Tektro cantilevers, Pauls tensioner, Michelin semi-slicks, and new Origin 8 threaded 1 inch headset.


The bike is actually a gift to my dad who actually bought this bike for me as a Xmas present (my FIRST mountain bike) back in 1990 or so.

Hopefully he’ll enjoy it on some of the camping trips this year and to come…..


No comments: