Monday, April 6, 2009

downtown riding



Did the Buttermilk/Northbank loop yesterday w/ some of the local crew. After frantically driving up to the bark park to try to catch up w/ the riders, I found myself surrounded by horse trailers...some sort of horse event going on downtown??












Made my way down to Northbank under the bridge and rode east......I do like riding these techy trails, but damn, I don't know em that well....several times nearly ate shit as I tried to ride up and over some rocks, that unbeknownst to me, dropped sharply off the back side. (ever tried to save face and get traction on rocks w/ clipless shoes??? = tricky)





Busy day on the river as all the wanna-be thugs and their beotches were out in full force, but once you get away from the watering holes, the trail sucks you in and requires your full attention with it's narrow technical features and constant threat of a head-on collision (2-way trail). If you haven't ridden these trails, you'd be surprised to find how much elevation change there is, and the trail is loaded w/ rocks and boulders. (next time I'll have to snag some more pix of the actual trail).
The trail builders have done an immense amount of fine work over the last few years, partly from a need to reclaim and rework sections that get heavy use during the Xterra events, and mostly due to the fact that these trails see more traffic than any other local trails. They've done a great job and their efforts should not go un-noticed! Thanks!

No comments: