Friday, August 9, 2013

Lynchburg trail sampler

A business trip to a paper mill had me going to the Lynchburg area earlier this week, so I took the opportunity to take a little personal time to explore some of the trails in the area.  

After missing a few turns in town, I found my way to Peaks View Park.  
I think I must have taken a 1000 turns in riding the 8 miles of very twisty and rooty trail there.  It was a somewhat overgrown, but a nice little trail system that can be accessed from several trailheads and also has a disc golf course. 



Best trail section was a little stretch of trail appropriately named "Rollercoaster" with a bunch of rollers and nice flow.  

I ran thru this section a few times.























 





flat!  dammit


flat-inducing rocky section

I still had some daylight left so I quickly packed up and ran across town to the other side of Liberty U campus right off 460 and found the trailhead of the Candler/Liberty Mountain trail system at the Snowflex center.   
map


sweet contour trail


swoopy

parking at the Snowflex center







Tight, technical, flowy and challenging with some features and rocky sections mixed with connecting fireroads and upper woodland trail, and about 1300+ feet of elevation change. 

Unfortunately I didn't get to ride as much there as I wanted, but I will go back....only 2 hours or so from RVA. 


Lynchburg trails maintained by GLOC.  

Good stuff!

No comments: