Tuesday, January 22, 2013

perspective

Perspective....it can change in a flash.

Sometimes it takes a humbling experience to remind you what matters and what doesn't. 

You also can learn that things easily taken for granted only seem to really matter when you don't have em anymore...it's so easy to get stamped into the mold of daily life and not see the forest through the trees.

It's surprising what dark depths (my) mind can drift to when the brain gets short-circuited and then there's the realization, that I narrowly escaped a possible checkmate. 
And yet, I am still here....



I am grateful that I was protected...
...protected by close friends who were close at hand and others who prayed and wished for a quick recovery in the aftermath; others who came to my family's aid by preparing home cooked meals; and friends and family who simply picked up the slack....If needed, I hope that I can return the favor one day. 

No comments: