Sunday, October 17, 2010

Halloween is coming, time for some monster-cross!


Maiden voyage on some gravel today on the Steamroller, aka Creamroller, aka Hurt-Machine.

Picked up some goodies from Carytown Bikes including a new 38T Origin8 chainring and some Tiki Bars, also from Origin8.
Now that the gearing is right, (38x16), I'll be using this machine to hopefully get my mountain legs back under me.
From Nashbar, I found a 16T thread-on cog (fixed gear) and a front long-reach caliper brake. Most everything else is reused from the Univega, plus some hybrid type 38c tires for some monster-cross ability.





......back at home, time to pop open a nicely aged homebrew stout....this one has really impressed me with it's complex flavor, hints of chocolate, vanilla, and licorice and real smooth. The grolsch bottle is both convenient for bottling and has a neat charm to it.
I'll definitely have to do some more dark brews this winter.

No comments: