Friday, November 27, 2009

bikes....lots of em'

Going thru some pix, I came upon the realization that I've gone thru a bunch of bikes! None really wore out, but I did break one....just had a hard time finding ones that fit or had the right mix of characteristics...plus, by getting rid of one, it opens up a stall for a new one!

the Schwinn Highplains...my first mtb bike I got when i was like 14....repainted orange in this pic:










Salsa Dos Niner....my first win on ebay!.....bought the frame and built it up, fast bike, but not made of steel, but a super fun bike (my 3rd 29er)









Zion 853EBB singlespeed....this was a cool bike....kinda wish I still had it. The Reynolds tubeset really was the standout on this bike...made for a very nice springy ride.
the Salsa el Mariachi....bought this to replace the Somafab Juice frame that broke....still a regular steed in the stable and my all time favorite ride. The handling is spot-on and climbs and descends with grace. This was my first bike that actually felt right in the fit department.

No comments: