Friday, September 11, 2009

getting busy!

...but not in a "getting busy" kinda way! This time of year is always a struggle with the combination of my work picking up with customer's starting up projects and shutdowns, restarting the Friends group business from the summer, scheduling/setting up the nightrides at Pocahontas, days getting shorter, yard projects, and football starting up!, etc....

Unfortunately not much riding to report but I did manage to snag a recent Zion 737ebb frame from Jenson. THese frames have been gone for a least a year, and with no plans for making them again, I was kinda bummed - but alas, a tip from JDG was all I needed to swoop in and place the order. There must've been only a handful of frames that somebody found at Jenson, cause after I ordered mine, they were removed from the website....hmmmm?.....ever since I sold my Zion 853ebb back in 2006 I've missed that bike....now a Zion will be back in the stable!

anyway, Crankee got a convenient good deal on my lightly used Redline d460 frame set so expect to see him rocking it as a geared mountain machine soon!

Also will be going to the first VT home game of the season tomorrow! Haven't been to a game in at least 6 years, so I'm stoked! Wish I had more time to burn I would take the bike w/ me to B'burg for some riding over at Brush Mtn....but that would require an overnighter and figuring out how to occupy my folks while I'm riding (they're going to the game too) and also persuading the boss-lady to let me burn up the whole weekend away from home....

No comments: