Sunday, January 25, 2009

Winter project

After minimizing the stable down to ONE mountain bike, I felt like something was missing.....especially since the RS Reba is hanging on the wall collecting dust: Time for a WINTER PROJECT!!


Got a ridiculously great deal on a Redline D460 frame which should be arriving tomorrow! I've been collecting some second-hand primo parts including some wicket Avid brake-levers w/ blue ano levers, a Paul's Melvin tensioner, RF Turbine square taper crank set, Hope ProII/Salsa Delgado wheelset and other bits. I'll be stealing the blue Solos headset back from the wifey's bike which should look real nice under my new J-bar (thanks to Carytown Bikes).





The parts are hanging out, waiting for assembly
<------------------------


This new ride will function as the "going-to-mountains" bike.....prolly switch it back and forth from single-speed to 1x8.....

I just hope El Mariachi doesn't get too jealous.

No comments: